Thursday, November 20, 2014

ONE STEP AT A TIME!

OK. So  I have been trying to write this blog post for weeks now and something kept getting in my way. So I almost said never mind because I was suppose to have this posted months ago! But then like the whole point of this blog, I decided to keep writing when I could and eventually I knew I would have it completed!
So believe me when I say I know the feeling of statements like Forget it! Never mind! It's too late! What's the use! It's taking too long!
So with all that being said...

I'm always pierced when I hear someone say they have something they really want to do (a goal), a destination, a "Plan A", BUT it will take too long so they choose to do something else, change up the destination, and decide to go with "Plan B" . It's as if by choosing "Plan B"  time will stand still, be shortened or speed up! 
Have you ever been there?

I guess my past experience is the reason why it pierces my core when I hear it because as they say I been there done that many times! 

And if truth be told, if I could go back and do it over, I would have went with plan A period! No matter how long it takes! I was overweight and I wanted to lose weight so bad!! but (Plan A) a year of eating right and exercising seemed like an eternity! So I chose a so called quick fix, a shorter process, a  plan "B"  in hopes of getting same results! So I thought. This so called quick fix turned into a 10+ years eating disorder. That's a whole different topic in itself. Book is in the process of being written on that so don't worry you will be able to read about the horror of it all soon.

The word  Progress means : movement forward or toward a place
The key word in that is MOVEMENT! 
Where are you headed? What is your destination? Is is weight loss, education, debt free?  I challenge you today to write it down, make a plan, set your goals, and most importantly, don't focus on how long it will take! Just KEEP GOING! By taking one step at a time in the RIGHT direction (forward) you WILL arrive at your DESTINYation!
Oh and by the way the direction your going makes a difference! You can't go forward and backwards at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment